This travelogue from Netflix follows Zac Efron and Darin Olien to areas around the world, “Searching for healthy, sustainable living solutions for the planet and all who live on it.”
The first episode is focused on Iceland’s highly successful transition from use of fossil fuels to sourcing 100% of its electricity from renewable resources – geothermal and hydroeclectric.
For entertainment value, you will also visit
- Geothermal wellness center, Fontana Spa, Laugarvatn
- Dill, a Michelin star restaurant, Reykjavik
- Chocolatier, omNom Chocolate, Reykjavik
- Gullfoss Falls, Hvítá river in southwest Iceland
- Blue Lagoon, at Resource Park in Grindavík
While this show may not earn you four credits at college, it is a light-spirited and entertaining introduction to some very compelling topics facing all of us as we search for sustainable ways to live on our planet.