Since its beginnings, the California Native Plant Society has been a leading voice in plant science and native plant appreciation, making it one of the foremost native plant organizations in the world. As a 501(c) 3 non-profit dedicated to conserving California native plants and their natural habitats, they work closely with decision-makers, scientists, and local planners to advocate for well-informed and environmental friendly policies, regulations, and land management practices.
- Promote understanding and engagement through education, plant science, advocacy, land stewardship and native plant gardening.
- Develop heightened awareness of the essential value of native plants, plant communities and healthy ecosystems to our collective well being.
- Foster an experience of native plants throughout the state in different ways, including natural environments and human-made landscapes.
- Preservation of California’s extensive and interconnected natural habitats.
- Provide reliable and comprehensive information on California native plants and plant conservation.
- Influence personal ethics and actions, as well as public policy for native plant protection.